Soup is both delicious and a great way to get your veggies in over the winter months! It’s cheap to make but super filling and full of flavour. This is one f the most delicious and hearty soups out there – lots of roasted butternut squash, creamy coconut milk and topped with some of our delicious red chilli biltong for a protein boost! Serve with some fresh, toasted sourdough or wholegrain bread for that extra winter warmth.
If you want to pack even more flavour into this soup we recommend roasting the squash until soft and slightly caramelised before putting into the pot! Trust us, it will make it even more tasty! What’s more, you can double up on the recipe below and store in the freezer for the weeks ahead.
Soup is the perfect seasonal dish for the winter months and there’s plenty of root vegetables available to add to your butternut squash – why not try adding some carrots in there too!
This Hearty Butternut Squash & Coconut Soup recipe is perfect for the festive season and beyond!
|1 garlic clove||chopped|
|1/2 white onion||chopped|
|1 medium butternut squash||roughly chopped|
|1L vegetable stock|
|200 ml coconut milk|
|1 tsp salt & pepper|
|1 tsp paprika|
|1 tsp red chilli flakes|
|1 pack Red Chilli Biltong||Optional|
- Prep garlic and onion and slice finely.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil to pan, add garlic and onion and fry until soft
- Peel and prep butternut squash and carrots. Cube into bite size pieces.
- Add roughly chopped carrot and squash to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Add paprika and chilli flakes.
- Next add coconut milk and vegetable stock, bring to the boil and simmer until squash is soft
- Season with 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- Blitz in a food processor and top with toasted pumpkin seeds and chill flakes.