Finding new and exciting breakfast ideas is difficult, especially when you want to stay healthy without compromising on taste! Here at Stript we’ve tried lots of variations of our favourite breakfasts to find our top picks and here’s one for you: Shakshuka Eggs.
Shakshuka (1) is a one-pan spiced veggie dish full of flavoursome saucy tomatoes, peppers and onions with eggs cracked in during the last 5 minutes of cooking. It makes for a great breakfast choice and this time we’ve added the perfect topping to give this dish a morning kick – our Stript Snacks Red Chilli Biltong, crisped to perfection!
This dish is super easy to make, an inexpensive healthy meal and for mornings you have a little more time to cook! It’s also a great dish for brunch or lunch.
Breakfast Shakshuka Eggs with Crispy Stript Pieces
|1 large onion||Thinly sliced|
|1 red pepper||Cut into long slices|
|1 green pepper||Cut into long slices|
|2 garlic cloves||Finely chopped|
|½ tsp cayenne pepper||–|
|1 tbsp tomato purée||–|
|400g tinned tomatoes||–|
|1 small bunch fresh coriander||Roughly chopped|
|4 free-range eggs||–|
|4 tbsp thick natural yoghurt||–|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper||–|
|1x Pack Stript Red Chilli||Crisped in oven for 10 mins|
- Heat some veg oil and add the onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook on a medium heat until softened
- Add the garlic, then stir in the tomato purée and cook for a couple more minutes until the paste starts to separate.
- Make 4 small wells in the sauce. One by one, break the eggs into a cup and drop into the small wells.
- Cook for a few more minutes until the whites are just set and the yolks are still runny.
- Sprinkle over the crumbled feta and crispy Stript pieces.
Serve this breakfast dish up with your favourite morning beverage, whether it’s tea, coffee or freshly pressed juice and enjoy!